JUNIOR & PYP (YEAR K TO YEAR 6)
AIA Strathfield School
At the Australian International Academy (Sydney campus) Primary School students are pivotal to the teaching and learning program and are perceived holistically, taking into consideration their social, emotional, cognitive, physical and spiritual wellbeing. They are enabled to become internationally minded people who engage in world issues and take on constructive action where necessary.
Our Academy Curriculum for the Junior School features:
- K – 6 Programme – Board of Studies endorsed courses for K to Yr 6
- International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) – The PYP prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both within and beyond the classroom.
- Click here for a look at the PYP general regulations.
- Click here for our PYP Assessment Philosophy.
- A technology rich environment that prepares students well for the electronic world they will inherit.
- Access to a well resourced Library and Research Centre.
- Specialist teachers in the areas of Technology, Islamic Studies, Arabic, Visual Arts and Performing Arts.
- Specialist staff and programs to meet the needs of students requiring learning support.
- Specialist teaching of Arabic and Quran.
- An international perspective, with students being prepared to play their part on the world stage.
- An Islamic foundation that provides the framework for a good moral code, personal faith and the development of appropriate values. Although an Islamic school, the Academy welcomes students from all faiths, on the understanding that they will be educated in an Islamic environment.
- Peer Support and Mentoring programs.