AIA Strathfield School
Whilst the Australian International Academy is not a selective school we do follow a new enrolment evaluation procedure to ensure the suitability of students and families for entry to our school.
The suitability of students is evaluated after careful consideration of three levels of assessment:
- Past School Reports,
- Results of Entrance Tests completed at school if needed.
- Interview with the student and both parents.
THE ENROLMENT PROCESS
- Complete a Registration form.
- Provide A non-refundable registration fee of $110.00
- A copy of the student’s Birth Certificate or Australian Passport.
- A copy of the Australian Passport or Citizenship for one parent or a copy of the Visa grant for both parents & student if you are not an Australian Citizen.
- A copy of the student’s current immunization record.
Upon registration your child’s name will be placed on our Waiting List. Families on the Registration Waiting List are notified by the Registrar when a place becomes available.
All prospective Kindergarten students must have attended a preschool/Child Care program.
Attend the school with your child if requested to complete an Entrance Test. Allow 30 minutes for the test. A student profile for the previous two semesters will be required including copies of the following:
- Two Previous Semester Reports.
- NAPLAN test results if applicable.
- For Kindergarten positions: Provide a preschool checklist (provided by us) completed & signed by your child’s preschool or child care.
- If your child has any medical condition, provide all medical documents to be aware of it and to arrange the required support.
An interview will be arranged with both parents & students to complete the interviewer recommendation to be ready to finalize the position offer by the Principal & the Academy Board. Both parents must attend with the student unless there is a compelling reason why only one can attend.
A letter of offer will be sent to you following the interview if a place is to be offered to your child/children.
To confirm accepting the offer of position you will need to attend to the school fees invoice and Complete/sign the admission form.
Welcome and Orientation
The School organizes an Orientation Day to welcome the New Year 7 and Kindergarten students who will attend our Academy next year.